December 9th, 2012
Hundreds of picture have been taken of Roche Rock looking sublime and Romantic, like this.
The granite chapel on the outcrop is roofless now, reached by a vertical iron ladder embedded in the side of the rock. It was dedicated to St. Michael in 1409 and according to tradition a hermit lived here, a leper who was nursed by his pious daughter St. Gundred. Outside the scrubby ring of heathland in which Roche rock sits, St.Austell’s china clay industry throws up spoil heaps in concentric circles like a chain of ziggurats.
Man goes on enhancing on the landscape in various ways.
[All images : copyright bibleofbritishtaste.com ]